Build workstation need help

z_uniten

Distinguished
May 9, 2010
HI GUYS... I NEED SOME HELP HERE....
I WANT TO SET UP A WORKSTATION PC THAT CAN DO MODELING ANIMATING AND RENDERING ALL IN 1
I'M USING MAXON CINEMA 4D
the pc will also be used for pre and post production

ANY1 CAN HELP ME??

THE PRICE LIMIT is RM 30k or USD 10k

hmmm... i was wondering if the spec that u give me
can it achive a min of 5 sec animating and rendering per day, that have the same quality as
Mr. Stain on junk alley, pororo, League of Super Evil

La-Z-CADtech

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2008
Hi there, I happen to be looking for a good recommendation on a workstation motherboard when i stumbled upon this thread and many others that are similar. Much to my surprise most of the recommendations i see are overzealous, it seems people get a little to excited with the big budget and start suggesting the newest or most expensive thing money can buy. While this will get you a nice PC it will cost more than its worth and you end up with something that may not suit your needs best.

With that said here is a general guideline when looking to build a workstation, this is from what I've gathered while looking into it.

1: Dual CPUs, forget single cpus, the more cores you have the better to render with. Single CPUs will give you up to 6 cores, dual will get you up to 12!)

2: RAM, you'll want lots, I'd say 16gigs on the lower end in your main machine.

3: render farm. That's right build a separate machine just for rendering, this will help with limiting downtime.

the rest is pretty moot, you could speed it up by adding a couple SSDs or a couple 10krpm HDD in raid 0 i suppose. Also keep in mind that your graphics package should be in 64bit, and your operating system will also be 64bit as to handle all the ram.

If i remember correctly there was an awesome article on toms about building a render farm.

Here is that article: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/render-farm-node,2340.html