Best stable modo for SB no OC 150USD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytaaa

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
Hello
Thank you for reading

quite simple, I am now considering the Sandy Bridge CPU's for a new build.
I have seen many threads and comments for OC, but I want to know what motherboard is recommended for a stable pc, with no overclocking, and single GPU. Priority is a stable and reliable system, but cheap if possible, or should I use in such case an older CPU with already better tested motherboards?
The board should work rock solid and last for some years if possible.
Any suggestion?

ytaaa

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011

Yes the UDx should be rock solid, but I have read that they might need to wait for updated revised versions to be really rock solid, or are these first versions for LGA1155 already as solid as they should be? would I need some Bios updates or just unpack and enjoy 24/7 without unstabilities?

D

Deleted member 217926

I would update to the latest BIOS myself, however as you do n ot plan to overclock at all the stock BIOS would probably be fine.

I would say this first generation of boards are as solid as they will get. Now later revisions may overclock better but there is a reason Gigabyte and Asus release boards before Intel themselves do.

My i7 2600K and P67A-UD4 will be here thursday. I got the UD4 over the UD3 for future SLI.

ytaaa

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2011
selected that answer even I had to start building the machine at the end with another processor, but who could know about the sandy bridge problem in advance...

I hope the UPS showed up with the board before the parts where recalled, and it works fine, later receiving free replacement if needed

Status
Not open for further replies.