Windows XP on Windows 7 Machine

pearce940

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

I am trying to install windows XP on a machine purchased with windows 7 on it.

I have installed a bank version of XP, on a SATA hard drive in another machine, but whien I plug the SATA hard drive into the windows 7 machine I get a blue screen showing

*** stop : oxc........(oxc.......)

*** pcisys. address F75FE0BF base at F7577000 Date stamp 3b7d855C

The machine is a HP Pro 3400 Series

Im sure its just something simple if you need all of the numbers from the ***stop I can easily get them.

THanks

Kev

You've got to install windows on the computer you intend to run it on.
You cannot install Windows on one PC, then move the drive to another PC and expect Windows to start. It won't.
So your statement "I am trying to install windows XP on a machine purchased with windows 7 on it" is not actually true.

Furthermore, there are no Windows XP-compatible drivers for HP Pro 3400 Series. HP support only Windows 7 & Windows 8 on that range of computers, so there is no point installing Windows XP on it because most of the motherboard hardware won't work.

pearce940

Honorable
Jan 27, 2013

Cheers for the reply Phil,

The reason I was trying to cheat, was because I initially tried swapping the XP drive from my current PC into the new HP one. With that not working I wondered if it was my old hard drive at fault, so I installed XP onto a blank SATA drive. This was the one I was trying to install into the HP.

Is it only the new HP computers which wont run XP, or is it true across the board with all newer computers??

Cheers

Kev