Powercolor 5870 pcie 2.1 on mobo 2.0

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Hi. I buying a graphic card from PowerColor 5870. But i read that he got PCIE 2.1 :

Specification
Graphics Engine RADEON HD5870
Video Memory 1GB GDDR5
Engine Clock 850MHz
Memory Clock 1200MHz (4.8Gbps)
Memory Interface 256bit
DirectX Support 11
Bus Standard PCIE 2.1 <-------------------------
Standard Display Connecors DL-DVI/DL-DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort

http://powercolor.com/pl/products_features.asp?id=155#Specification

Mine Mobo GIGABYTE GA-P55-UD3 got PCIE 2.0 So there will be some problems? Artifacts or overheating?
I ask cause card with 2.1 will be running on 2.0 mobo.

mobo:
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Spec.aspx?ClassValue=Motherboard&ProductID=3242&ProductName=GA-P55A-UD3

Please explain me, i must be satisfied and know that i can buy this card.

Also there is any version of 5870 with 2.0 ? In some sites of shops i see Powercolor 5870 2.1 pcie with the same photos of 2.0 version. But looking into official site of Powercolor i see only 2.1 versions. So?

Video cards complying to any standard are always backward compatible.. Thus your card will work fine with your mobo.. And it'll also work full throttle if you've the right gears.. Rest assured, your mobo will not be a bottleneck in extracting full performance out of your card.. So don't worry.. HAPPY GAMING..

litwicki23

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
thx for answer and last question i got.................. i heard that with Powercolor 5870 are problems? Is that true? Buy something other brand or take this PowerC cause is the cheapest in my region?

Powercolor is an established brand so i would not doubt them in terms of quality.. The problems might arise for anyone due to mismatching of components ( such as getting an underpowered PSU for a card as powerful as the 5870 ) or it may be pure bad luck.. But if shelling out a few extra bucks give you peace of mind then sure you may go for other brands..