Hey guys, I'm building a new sandy bridge setup and I was wondering which board was better?
Aside from the obvious differences (plastic casing/color scheme) are there any differences between the 2 motherboards? They seem to be exactly the same except for what I mentioned and a $30 price difference that I'll happily pay for the awesome aesthetics of the sabertooth
And finally how have your experiences with the two been?
Ok so I found 2 differences when I compared the product spec by spec on their website
It seems the p8p67 is missing a clear CMOS jumper as well as a few extra heat sensors
But the pro also has an Epu and Tpu switch.
The pro has a 12 + 2 power phase design whereas the sabertooth has only an 8+2 design. O would think this is bad but it seems that the Maximus IV has 8 CPU power phases and 3 memory powe phases (8+3?)
Also the sabertooth has the entire overclocking features section missing which contains the following information on the pro's page:
Precision Tweaker 2
- vCore: Adjustable CPU voltage at 0.005V increment
- vCCIO: Adjustable I/O voltage at 0.00625V increment
- vCCSA: 144-step system agent voltage control
- vDRAM Bus: 160-step Memory voltage control
- vPCH: 90-step Chipset voltage control
- vCPU_PLL: 160-step CPU & PCH PLL voltage control
SFS (Stepless Frequency Selection)
- BCLK/PEG frequency tuning from 80MHz up to 300MHz at 0.1MHz increment
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
So based on this what is better? I will be overclocking my CPU(2500k) and my video card btw