Intel i7-990x

G

Other than speed are the any other differances between Intel's 35nm i7-980x and the i7-990x.

When do the 22nm chips begin sampling. Any info on the 22nm power / temp and other enhancements

Any prelims on the 15nm chips.

Other than speed are the any other differances between Intel's 35nm i7-980x and the i7-990x.
No. They are the exact same otherwise.

When do the 22nm chips begin sampling. Any info on the 22nm power / temp and other enhancements
Hang on, let me use my psychic powers... But seriously, the next chips intel is sampling soon and releasing in late 2010 or early 2011 are 32nm. No one has touched 22nm yet.

Any prelims on the 15nm chips.
No. What do you mean by "prelims", specifically?

^Only ones to "touch" 22nm are Intel themselves. They have it working at least.

As for 15nm, no news yet. Once Intel gets 22nm out we will start hearing about 15nm.

Amazing how small they have gotten. I mean 32nm alone is crazy. 22nm will be crazier. And 15nm..... thats just insane. Soon they will have to split atoms to create CPUs......

Intel Core Nuke inside.

22nm is working right now in Intel's labs, but don't expect to see any chips out for a year and a half or so, minimum. Sandy Bridge, which is Intel's next new chips, are on 32nm and set for a release around the new year. They'll get a die shrink to 22nm around a year later, so around Dec-Jan 2011/2012.

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
The 980X is based on 32 nm.

Also why do you think that we all here have inside information about Intel releasing their products? We just read news on the Net & then speculate / discuss after that.
You want any more future news about Intel, then just ask Paul Otellini.

TRENDING THREADS