XFX 5770 on M2N-SLi

sabote

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
Hello,
After trying a lot of things I´ve come to beg for help!

I´ve bought a XFX Ati 5770. Card looks ok. I´m upgrading from a 8800GT.
After I installed the 5770 and turn the pc on it starts ok, but after 1 second the cpu and vga fan run slower and faster, and slower and faster and nothing happens.
I tought that it was my PSU so I´ve changed it for a Coolermaster Extreme power Plus 500w

http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=3738

I´ve tried with this PSU and the same thing keeps happening. I´ve read that the 8800GT actually needs more power than the 5770. And with this new PSU it has plenty of it i believe. So if it´s not the PSU what could it be?
My config:
* Mother ASUS M2N-SLI
* PSU Coolermaster 500W
* 2GB DDR2 800MHZ
* Athlon 64 X2 6400+ 3.2 Ghz
* WDC 250 GB
* DVD

The only thing that I can think of it´s a conflict with the mobo, it uses a Nvidia Nforce 560 Chipset.

Any help, is welcome, thank you!!!

multiscreenz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
Do you have the 12Volt connector hooked up to the video card? I would still recommend more power. Also, your ram is probably too slow for them to sync up. And yeah, you're on to something... It's always good top stay away from mixing ATI and NVidia products. You're just begging for conflicts when you do that. Hope it works out for you my friend!

sabote

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2010
Updated BIOS to ver 1002
12 volt connector, checked

After this, I´ve tryed again this time, same thing happened. After 1 minute, it reboots it self. I got video (ergo VGA works), Windows starts, detects the VGA. After rebooting, it happens the same mentioned above.
All I can think of is that this mobo is too old for the vga?