Installed new MB, CPU, and Hardrive/now having windows issues

I installed Intel D865GSAL MB and 3.0 P-D processor, and a new hardrive. i loaded windows XP on it. things SEEM to be running fine except when i try to do updates or running Internet explorer. i can go direct to microsoft using firefox and download IE 8. i have the disc for Service pack 3 so i installed that as well. i have not loaded any other software. but when i try to use IE, it says an error has occurred and it shuts it down. i even reformatted and reloaded again to see if maybe a file was corrupt. but still the same thing. i am stumped on this. Does anyone know whats causing the microsoft issues? would the BIOS cause this if I am needing to upgrade the BIOS? (which i have never done before)
The BIOS listed on my board is SA86510A.86A.1024.2006.504.1017. there is a newer one but i dont want to do this if this isnt the issue. PLEASE help unboggle my mind. I need a solution. UGH!

Thanks, Debbie
3 answers Last reply
More about installed hardrive windows issues
  1. Is the only issue that IE shutsdown. Nothing else?
  2. it is IE and sometimes Firefox. except it wont let me do updates in Windows. i have to manually download any other software that is related to Microsoft. VERY weird. i DID flash the BIOS and there was no change. so I am baffled as to what may be causing this. my internet connection seems stable with no issues. :p
  3. Well after much thought...i decided to replace the new MB with another new MB and walah..problems fixed. new board going back to seller. Strange but that was the issue.
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Explorer Windows XP