Sign in with
Your question

How to decide which type of server to build first

Last response: in Systems
May 10, 2010 11:36:34 AM

Hello,
I am trying to replicate the citrix env. from the office but I don't really know what I should do. I could go two diff. ways, one being one beefed up server or multi. servers. Which way would be cheaper and currently I have 4 boxes with a 64 bit motherboard in them I just need to make some upgrade with the storage and Memory. Please advice.
May 10, 2010 12:13:37 PM

I would think if you have the money just build 1 nice one from scratch. If you need help building one just ask and I can find you everything you'll need. All I need to know is you budget and what you want to use this for cause there are different types of servers of course.
m
l
May 17, 2010 12:32:23 AM

SHANEMARINES said:
I would think if you have the money just build 1 nice one from scratch. If you need help building one just ask and I can find you everything you'll need. All I need to know is you budget and what you want to use this for cause there are different types of servers of course.

I understand that there are muli server variations, exchange,file,citrix,ect. If I was to build one I have specs of one already but I am still uncertain about the cost vs the profamance I would be more that happy to fax them over to ya. But even it was a strech but the total cost would be 2000 just for the hardware but that include monitors keyboards stuff that I would probably remove and just focus on the box. Idealy I am trying to better my skill set as a tech but this is a good way to start for me and the way I learn due to I a hands on learner. So if I screw somethng up all I have to do is push an image back down and try again.
m
l
!