Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Intel integrated HD vs ATI HD 5650 graphics cards for laptops

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 11, 2010 1:12:27 AM

Hi, i just purchased a Sony Vaio with intel i5 processor-M 520, 2.4 ghz. The laptop has 4gb of DDR3 RAM, and 500gb hard drive. However, the graphics card inside is the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD. I am interested in switching my laptop for a Gateway that has an i3 processor, 2.1ghz, 4gb DDR3 RAM, 640gb hard drive, and an ATI Radeon HD 5650 graphics card. I would appreciate if someone could help me figure out which of these two laptops are better for gaming.

I would like to run games such as Crysis, Dragons Age, Mass Effect 2, and Bioshock 2 without a framerate problem (on med-high settings). I am not a computer guru, so I would love if someone with this knowledge could help me decide which laptop is better for gaming.

Thanks alot, and I am looking forward to a response.
a c 1316 U Graphics card
a b D Laptop
April 11, 2010 1:14:36 AM

The Intel HD will not game. The HD5650 will allow you to game.
Related resources
April 11, 2010 1:22:41 AM

Thanks alot guys. So the i5 processor will not make up for the crappy intel hd graphics card? My only concern is that the other laptop has a i3 processor (2.1ghz) with the ATI HD 5650. So is the i3 processor good enough for gaming?
February 17, 2011 8:56:22 PM

The i3 is gonna slow you down on gaming, I have an i5-460M 2.9Ghz and when I play Bioshock 2 on high settings its using 90%
I can play Bioshock 2 on medium low setting using Intel HD graphics, Personally I would not go with an i3, its gonna slow you down while doing other things like multitasking while watching videos.
That website that guy gave is ***, It is showing that I Cant even run Bioshock 2 at all.
My opinion is to go for the i5 without a graphics card. (Just spend some extra money and get a nice laptop)
a c 271 U Graphics card
February 17, 2011 8:57:35 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!