Solved

Core i7 and Phenom II 955 help

So I have a buddy who built a core i7 960 rig and another who has a phenom ii 955. They both have 7.3 in WEI for processor but I was thinking that the 960 should be higher than the phenom ii? Also, for some reason, the 960 shows up in the WEI as 3.2ghz like it should but it also says 2.0 ghz. Would that have an effect on the scores? He has the power managements all set to max performance. Any suggestions, comments, or suggestions is appreciated!
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about core phenom help
  1. what exactly are you asking here?
  2. Lol, I guess what I am asking is should both the phenom ii and the i7 be at the same WEI score and if anyone knows why Windows is showing the i7 at 2.0ghz?
  3. Best answer
    sabre181 said:
    So I have a buddy who built a core i7 960 rig and another who has a phenom ii 955. They both have 7.3 in WEI for processor but I was thinking that the 960 should be higher than the phenom ii? Also, for some reason, the 960 shows up in the WEI as 3.2ghz like it should but it also says 2.0 ghz. Would that have an effect on the scores? He has the power managements all set to max performance. Any suggestions, comments, or suggestions is appreciated!

They both have 7.3 in WEI for processor but I was thinking that the 960 should be higher than the phenom ii?
    Yes, if even by a slight amount.

Also, for some reason, the 960 shows up in the WEI as 3.2ghz like it should but it also says 2.0 ghz.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284126-28-showing-correct-speeds

Would that have an effect on the scores?
    If it's because of what I linked you to above, then no.

But if it is not, then you have an issue.

Actually, that makes sense because I believe a core i7 at 2GHz would perform similar to a phenom II 955 at 3.2GHz, based on this:
    http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/47?vs=102
    Here they are approaching being close. The 920 at 2.6 and the 3.4. Difference of 0.8GHz. Your difference is 1.2GHz, if that 2GHz never changes.
    Use a program called CPU-z to check out his CPU speeds, etc. Then use prime95 to load the CPU and see if it ever goes up to 3.2GHz.
  4. doesnt intel have a cool'n'quiet like thing, just disable that.
  5. Best answer selected by sabre181.
  6. Thanks guys, ended it up being the powersave function.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7 Phenom