Korean Samsung XL2370 ... Switch the menu to english

siph33

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
Hello, everyone.
I came to korea recently and bought an XL2370 here (wow, who woulda thought it'd be more expensive here than back home (US), whats that about?)
Anyway, the menu is in Korean, and I cant figure out how to calibrate the lovely new monitor (except brightness). Is there someone who knows how to change it? Is it possible?
Seems quicker than learning the hangul language..

Cheers

Solution
Ok,

Note: When I say "press button x times", I am assuming you are starting at the top of each menu.

1.) Press Menu (to enter the on-screen Menu).

2.) Press Up arrow Twice. This should get you to the setup menu which has the image of a gear next to it.

3.) Press 'Enter' button (the one to the left of the Auto button).

4.) Press Down arrow Twice (again, assume starting at top).

5.) Press 'Enter' (next to Auto)

6.) This should bring up a language list (in correct language). Hopefully English is on there. If so, move to it and press 'Enter'.
Ok,

Note: When I say "press button x times", I am assuming you are starting at the top of each menu.

1.) Press Menu (to enter the on-screen Menu).

2.) Press Up arrow Twice. This should get you to the setup menu which has the image of a gear next to it.

3.) Press 'Enter' button (the one to the left of the Auto button).

4.) Press Down arrow Twice (again, assume starting at top).

5.) Press 'Enter' (next to Auto)

6.) This should bring up a language list (in correct language). Hopefully English is on there. If so, move to it and press 'Enter'.

Solution
Yeah, I love it.

Settings though, hard to say. I don't remember what all I did. I do remember I turned off Dynamic Contrast since I didn't really care for that. Otherwise, there are several 'auto' settings you can try, and a few Gamma settings. A lot is personal preference, so I think you'll just have to experiment. Also, don't forget to calibrate you color in Windows as well.