One XP install on 2 PCs for < 30 days?

I am upgrading to a newly built PC. I performed online activation of
Windows XP on my old PC about two years ago.

I have now also installed the same copy of XP on my new PC (as well as SP 2)
and I am in the 30 day period within which I must activate online or XP will
lock itself.

I want to transfer files from the old PC to the new PC and I am considering
using a null modem cable or a friend's home networking gear.

My question is, will XP allow me to set up a home network if both PCs have
the same install of XP on, as long as clearly, one PC is within the 30 day
grace period?

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi Jock

Should be no problem, your problem will be what do you do after 30 days? If
it was an oem version of xp then the license, as I understand it, only
allows it to be installed on the original pc it came with. I do not think it
is transferable.

Michael