Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Games
  • Crash
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 11, 2010 1:38:04 PM

Hey guys,
I have a problem with my games running, whenever i run them I get an error that says it has stopped working and that the failed module was atiumdag.dll I re-installed my drivers and it's still happening... one thing though... it happens in cod4 and cod2, but not in crysis or lost planet... crysis and lost planet are dx10 games and cod4&2 are dx9... could that be it?

P.S. I'm having a competition with my friend between consoles and pc's and it'd kinda suck if the pc couldn't even play the game at all... so quick responses would be greatly appreciated.

Specs
AMD ATHLON 6000+ @3.0GHZ
4GB RAM @667MHZ
ATI RADEON HD 5770 BY SAPPHIRE
500GB HDD @7200RPM
RUNNING WIN 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT

More about : games crash

Best solution

April 11, 2010 4:30:51 PM

Try under-clocking your GPU using the advanced view of CCC and selecting ATI Overdrive. You'll have to unlock overdrive, then bump the freq down 20MHz for the GPU clock and the Memory Clock - you can test your new settings on the same page.
April 11, 2010 5:28:32 PM

nope didn't work... still says the same thing
Score
Related resources
April 16, 2010 11:52:42 PM

BUMP
Score
April 17, 2010 3:41:03 AM

By any chance, did you have an nvidia card installed before you installed the ATi card? If you did, make sure and wipe the old drivers off before you install the new ATi drivers.

What PSU do you have? It might be that the more demanding games are causing the card to use more power that your psu can supply.

Look for patches from the game's site or from ATi's site.

Other than that, try another card.

Score
November 7, 2010 2:12:05 AM

Best answer selected by Martin 71.
Score
November 7, 2010 4:24:51 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!