Make External Drive Bootable

I recently purchased a Maxtor External HDDrive that I installed on a Win
XP Home system. I would like to make the drive bootable, but the format
command doesn't accept the /s option and the sys command doesn't exist.
Any ideas on how to make the drive bootable?
2 answers Last reply
More about make external drive bootable

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > I recently purchased a Maxtor External HDDrive that I installed on a
    > Win XP Home system. I would like to make the drive bootable, but the
    > format command doesn't accept the /s option and the sys command
    > doesn't exist. Any ideas on how to make the drive bootable?

    With what OS?
    Windows XP?
    Probably Not happening.

    But... Google could be your friend.
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6265_11-5490289.html?tag=fdnew
    or
    http://nwc.desktoppipeline.com/29100411
    come up first..

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    On 1/19/2005 5:46 AM Pacific, Shenan Stanley wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >>I recently purchased a Maxtor External HDDrive that I installed on a
    >>Win XP Home system. I would like to make the drive bootable, but the
    >>format command doesn't accept the /s option and the sys command
    >>doesn't exist. Any ideas on how to make the drive bootable?
    >

    > With what OS?
    > Windows XP?
    > Probably Not happening.
    >
    > But... Google could be your friend.
    > http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6265_11-5490289.html?tag=fdnew
    > or
    > http://nwc.desktoppipeline.com/29100411
    > come up first..

    Thanks for the leads!

Configuration External Drive Command Prompt Windows XP