Make External Drive Bootable

I recently purchased a Maxtor External HDDrive that I installed on a Win
XP Home system. I would like to make the drive bootable, but the format
command doesn't accept the /s option and the sys command doesn't exist.
Any ideas on how to make the drive bootable?

Irwin Greenwald wrote:
> I recently purchased a Maxtor External HDDrive that I installed on a
> Win XP Home system. I would like to make the drive bootable, but the
> format command doesn't accept the /s option and the sys command
> doesn't exist. Any ideas on how to make the drive bootable?

With what OS?
Windows XP?
Probably Not happening.

But... Google could be your friend.
http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6265_11-5490289.html?tag=fdnew
or
http://nwc.desktoppipeline.com/29100411
come up first..

--
<- Shenan ->

On 1/19/2005 5:46 AM Pacific, Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Irwin Greenwald wrote:
>
>>I recently purchased a Maxtor External HDDrive that I installed on a
>>Win XP Home system. I would like to make the drive bootable, but the
>>format command doesn't accept the /s option and the sys command
>>doesn't exist. Any ideas on how to make the drive bootable?
>

> With what OS?
> Windows XP?
> Probably Not happening.
>
> But... Google could be your friend.