How Big Is Your Card?

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 10, 2004 12:03:30 AM

You all make me so jealous...

Sue me, but I think I'm suffering from a bad case of CF card envy
here...

LOL

I got my first really nice digital camera as a gift about a year ago
and I honestly cannot afford any more card than came with. I'm
getting by with a 128 and a 256 and that's IT. I'd practically kill
for a GIG card or two but it's just not in the budget and probably
won't be for a while.. I'm really struggling moneywise due to a lot of
health problems just now. Even a $75 card just isn't possible. You
folks have no idea of how green I get when you guys all talk about
taking 1 or 2 Gig cards to Hawaii....

Grr...

More about : big card

Anonymous
December 10, 2004 12:35:14 AM

On Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:03:30 GMT, no@nope.com wrote:

>You all make me so jealous...
>
>Sue me, but I think I'm suffering from a bad case of CF card envy
>here...
>
>LOL
>
>I got my first really nice digital camera as a gift about a year ago
>and I honestly cannot afford any more card than came with. I'm
>getting by with a 128 and a 256 and that's IT. I'd practically kill
>for a GIG card or two but it's just not in the budget and probably
>won't be for a while.. I'm really struggling moneywise due to a lot of
>health problems just now. Even a $75 card just isn't possible. You
>folks have no idea of how green I get when you guys all talk about
>taking 1 or 2 Gig cards to Hawaii....
>
>Grr...
If you're near a Fry's Electronics store, watch their sales; they've
been advertising 1 Gig CF cards for about $40 after rebates. PQY, PNQ,
something like that brand-wise. I'm using one in my Digital Rebel, and
it works fine.
outpost.com is Fry's online store, and often has the same offers.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

>I'd practically kill
>for a GIG card or two but it's just not in the budget and probably
>won't be for a while.. I'm really struggling moneywise due to a lot of
>health problems just now. Even a $75 card just isn't possible.

I saw a 1 GB SanDisk advertised for $40 at Fry's a couple weeks ago ... not the
top-end Ultra or Extreme series but still 1 GB ... so watch for sales ...
Anonymous
December 10, 2004 1:02:08 AM

Sandisk Ultra II, 2 gig. It'll be long time before I buy a compact flash with
moving parts.
!