Solved

New budget build

Hi guys Im going to purchase this friday some of the parts I need for a new build, but I need you to take a look first to what I want to put together in this new build.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (This friday) BUDGET RANGE: (900) After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Monitor or speakers

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com, tigerdirect

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080

total: $823.90 with shipping/handling: $908.10

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I want this computer for casual gaming for games like battlefield bad company 2 and cods. I also want to make sure you understand that if you can help me to get something better/cheaper with same performance suggestions are welcome, if you have any question dont hesitate to ask :) . thanks
27 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about budget build
  1. Best answer
  2. Is the green series a good one? I know the 400W Corsair is on newegg right now for $50, free shipping, and a $15 rebate bringing it down to $35. Great PSU at a great price. Other then that it looks pretty good. You should look at the board and ram changes jbakerlent suggested. I'm out of the loop for that stuff.
  3. I think the greens may be some of the better ones from Rosewill, but I still can't recommend one. Very good deal on that Corsair.
  4. Thanks for the quick replies guys. So, should I try to get the ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and a more powerful PSU or stay with the one I had in the pic?
  5. I agree that the power is a little light, but the Corsair 400W should power most cards. And I'm trying to not increase the cost of the build. The title does say budget build after all.
  6. As for the USB3 it comes out to about the same price after shipping so it's a good value.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131631&cm_re=ASUS_M4A89GTD_PRO/usb3-_-13-131-631-_-Product
  7. What do you guys think about a cpu fan, should I buy one?
  8. Good catch. You bought a black edition CPU so there is no fan unless they've changed that. Yesterday I bought the Coolermaster Hyper 212 on newegg for $33 counting shipping. Its supposed to be a great cooler. It also works on all current sockets.
  9. 4745454b said:
    Good catch. You bought a black edition CPU so there is no fan unless they've changed that. Yesterday I bought the Coolermaster Hyper 212 on newegg for $33 counting shipping. Its supposed to be a great cooler. It also works on all current sockets.

would that fan fit on the case I chose http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147023 ? :??:
  10. I would guess yes. Its not a monster tall one, and you have a 120mm fan on the back. It should fit just fine.
  11. The BE CPUs come do come with stock HSFs now. But still, +1 on the Hyper 212+
  12. So, Would it be a good investment to buy a fan like that now than later. I guess I only have one more question regarding the case I chose, could I get rid of the metallic cover part in the back that most of the motherboard come with? other than that I think Im going to buy this build on friday. :D
  13. Its considered best to put the fan on the mobo when its out of the case. A lot easier that way. I don't understand your metallic question.
  14. Yes, you'll want the Hyper if you plan on overclocking. Are you referring to the I/O panel? If so, yes you'll need to remove that...
  15. Yeah, thats the one I/O panel.
  16. Ok. That just pops out. Your board should come with a new one you can pop in.
  17. One more question regarding the card, should I buy the one I have in the pic or do you guys have any other suggestions?
  18. That one is fine, or you could get this one for a little cheaper, there's not really much difference.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102864&cm_re=hd_5770-_-14-102-864-_-Product
  19. is there any difference between the quality of both product?
  20. ^ No, they just have slightly different casings/cooling solutions. Both are very nice.
  21. Best answer selected by xvtsx.
  22. So, I guess Im going to place the order now. this is what I have so far for $929.40,

is it good enough?
  23. Looks excellent :) Good luck
  24. Thanks. :)
  25. guys, I was just notified that the fan [Cool master Hyper 212] is sold out. any other suggestions for a good fan around 20-25 bucks? :??:
  26. Hmm, that's too bad. Maybe the CCTF? It has a nice rebate.
    Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build New Build Systems Product