Sign in with
Your question
Solved

SLI Hook-Up And Configure

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 11, 2010 5:55:38 PM

Hello: Using Windows 7, Dual GTX 260 EVGA with an ASUS M3N=HT Deluxe/HDMI. What do I use for a bridge? I have tried both the Singe (2 Plug)and the Triple (6 Plug - 2wide x 3card) but neither will bring up the SLI configuration menu.

More about : sli hook configure

April 11, 2010 6:05:49 PM

Make sure that sli is enabled in bios. first. one bridge works

BlackOwl1957 said:
Hello: Using Windows 7, Dual GTX 260 EVGA with an ASUS M3N=HT Deluxe/HDMI. What do I use for a bridge? I have tried both the Singe (2 Plug)and the Triple (6 Plug - 2wide x 3card) but neither will bring up the SLI configuration menu.

m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b $ Windows 7
April 12, 2010 6:53:37 AM

I'm on my slow laptop so I'm not double checking, but isn't the M3N=HT a CF board? Sounds from the model name that its an AM3 socket AMD board.

Edit: NM, using your link I see that it is an SLI board. I assume you plugged power into both cards? Which drivers did you load? You did load the chipset drivers correct?
m
l
April 12, 2010 2:47:42 PM

I Loaded the latest drivers for both the 780aSLI chipset and the GTX260 Cards last night and checked the ram on both cards with Everest this morning, they are the same. I had assumed they were the same as I purchased identical cards at the same time but anything is possible.

I have an Antec Earthwatts 650 PS. This PS only has 2 6 prong SLI plugs, the cars require 2 plugs each so I picked up second feed using the molex adapters that came with the cards.

This is the link for the PS:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This is the link for the MB:

This is the link for the Graphics Cards:

I will check out the link notty22 sent later today.
Thanks
m
l

Best solution

April 12, 2010 3:07:41 PM

I think you have to select SLI enabling from the Nvidia control panel.
April 14, 2010 4:11:27 PM

Best answer selected by BlackOwl1957.
m
l
April 14, 2010 4:20:18 PM

Thank You, Promytius this seems to have worked. I was expecting to get the control panel to come up when it detected an SLI configuration but that just didn't happen this time. to make sure it actually was detecting SLI I took of the bridge and on starting I went to the Nvidia control panel and I could not select "Enable SLI". So I shut down reinstalled the bridge and then could select "Enable SLI". This just goes to show that even experienced builders can miss something that simple. Anyway thanks you get best answer selection.
m
l
April 14, 2010 4:24:49 PM

Thank You, Promytius this seems to have worked. I was expecting to get the control panel to come up when it detected an SLI configuration but that just didn't happen this time. to make sure it actually was detecting SLI I took of the bridge and on starting I went to the Nvidia control panel and I could not select "Enable SLI". So I shut down reinstalled the bridge and then could select "Enable SLI". This just goes to show that even experienced builders can miss something that simple. Anyway thanks you get best answer selection.
m
l
April 14, 2010 5:38:48 PM

Awesome! Enjoy the SLI - on my system (2 8500s) I can either run SLI on one monitor or 1 card per LCD and see both monitors. I believe your card is new enough to support both SLI and dual monitors (I think it starts with the 9600s.) I can't utilize the SLI because I cannot live with just one monitor! I'm gonna upgrade soon to a card that supports both.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
April 14, 2010 5:46:07 PM

I'm pretty sure your 8500's should support dual monitors ? From one card.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b $ Windows 7
April 14, 2010 7:43:40 PM

Should be a driver issue. Have you updated to the newest ones?
m
l
April 14, 2010 11:38:11 PM

notty22 said:
I'm pretty sure your 8500's should support dual monitors ? From one card.

Right, but that's not the issue; I saw on the Nvidia website that you need a 9600 or better to run both SLI and dual monitors. Below that, enabling SLI disables the second monitor - I assume so the card can concentrate on boosting video.
Thanks.
m
l
!