Intel i5 750 and Cooler Master Hyper 212plus

calin05

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hello, i have the intel i5 750 cpu and the cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus.

When i have removed the cooler i saw that the processor has some sort of "scratches" or "discoloration" on the cpu's head (IHS)

Here is a picture, look in the red circles: http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/7828/2423452343.jpg

This is the cause of the cpu? Because the cpu has direct contact heat pipes on the cpu's head, and isn't smooth enough?

This will affect the performance in terms of temperature?

And the next question. I have bought a Arctic Silver 5, and a Arctic Clean. After i have finished removing and purify the cpu and the heatsink. How i apply the thermal paste? I put a vertical line on the cpu and 3 lines between the heat pipe's of my cooler?

Please answer! Thanks

lowriderflow

Distinguished
Those are just some wear marks... no problems there. Technically, i believe it's particles from the cooler getting hot and filling gaps on the CPUs surface... on a microscopic particle level. It wont be an issue.

Arctic clean and AS5 are great products. I use them myself. Put a little cleaner on a Qtip, and gently wipe, use a fresh part of the Qtip for each stroke and do NOT douse the qtip heavily in the cleaner. U shoould go through like 5/6 Qtips cleaning the CPU and Cooler... but since they're dirt cheap who cares. I'd recomend applying a thin layer onto the bottom of your hyper 212. Basically cover 100% of the contact point with the A.S.5... but dont load it on thick. I normally use a piece of paper to spread it.

calin05

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Ok, thanks for the questions about that marks of my cpu, and the arctic silver 5.

And one more question. When i play a game my power supply start's to make noise(wheezes). This is coil noise? The power supply is a cooler master real power m850 W.
This coil noise is affecting the power supply while i play games example: play games for 10 hours without stop?

TRENDING THREADS