Solved

Is the Hyper 212+ a lot better then the original Hyper 212?

Hello!

It's been a few days and I have been considering two coolers (well actually the same cooler but it's two different models) and I was wondering if the Hyper 212+ (http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=8_129&item_id=025125) was worth the extra 15$ over the original Hyper 212 (http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=8_129&item_id=016896 ( yes it comes with a fan)). Do they operate and overclock similarly? Will the temperatures be higher with the original?

Thanks you in advance!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hyper original hyper
  1. Quote:
    FrostyTech has performance results from both versionsFrostyTech has performance results from both versions
    212 Plus vs 212 in rise above ambient
    at 85W: 10.9 vs 11.8
    at 150W: 16.9 vs 19.0

And I think the Plus also supported more sockets (1156, 1366)

I'm gonna be using it with an AM3 board so do you think it's worth it?
  2. FrostyTech has performance results from both versions
    212 Plus vs 212 in rise above ambient
    at 85W: 10.9 vs 11.8
    at 150W: 16.9 vs 19.0

And I think the Plus also supported more sockets (1156, 1366)
  3. How high are you going with your overclock? Which CPU?
  4. WR2 said:
    How high are you going with your overclock? Which CPU?

I was not planing to overclock now but maybe later at say between 3.8Ghz and if the chip can 4.0Ghz and maybe only 3.7Ghz.

Edit: Sorry it's a Phenom II 955.
  5. Best answer
    FrostyTech also has a chart for the AMD CPUs.

You can see the Hyper 212 Plus is a little lower than some of the other coolers but still impressive. It's still about a 3 degree difference between the two models. It's still pretty high up on the charts and that price is really good.

If you're not going for that 4Ghz OC I think you're safe with the basic CM Hyper 212.
  6. WR2 said:
    FrostyTech also has a chart for the AMD CPUs.

You can see the Hyper 212 Plus is a little lower than some of the other coolers but still impressive. It's still about a 3 degree difference between the two models. It's still pretty high up on the charts and that price is really good.

If you're not going for that 4Ghz OC I think you're safe with the basic CM Hyper 212.

Thanks for the help WR2!
  7. Best answer selected by Userremoved.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Cooling Components