Blue Screen Error...!!!

Tags:
  • Chipsets
  • Blue Screen
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
January 27, 2011 8:02:29 AM

Hi,

I have Gigabyte MB AM3 Socket, 4GB DDR3 RAM, GPU Sapphire HD4770, AMD Phenom 2X550GHz, Zebronics 450Watt (True Value) SMPS. While either playing games or watching movies the system gives a blue screen message which says IRQ_NOT_LESS_THAN....something. On restarting the system again an message box appears saying that system has recovered from an unexpected error. The dump file has been created.
I would appreciate any suggestions. Is there problem with my motherboard or something else..??

More about : blue screen error

a b V Motherboard
January 27, 2011 11:38:53 AM

Make sure the graphics driver is updated. You could download the latest version, then reboot in safe mode, uninstall the old driver, then install the latest driver.
Also, run a Memtest check on your memory.
Check temperatures while stress-testing your system with Prime95 or other CPU-stressing program of your choice. If temps run too high, you could upgrade your cooling solution.
Finally, an upgrade of your PSU could help with system instability.
m
l
January 27, 2011 6:58:51 PM

Remove your graphics card and RAM and reseat them, not too tight or too slack. Try just one RAM stick if you have more than one for a while.
m
l
a c 117 V Motherboard
January 28, 2011 3:31:11 PM

I agree with the above posters i'll also add that you should make sure your ram is running at manufacturers dram voltage specs.
m
l
!