Connecting spdif to receiver

Hey, everybody.

I have a Virgin Media box that I need to connect to my receiver because my television is a 42-inch Sony monitor (bought for dual voltage reasons; I'm a Yank). The connection to the monitor is DVI-D only, meaning I get a great video signal, but no audio. There is an S/PDIF connector on the back of the Virgin box. Is there a cable that will allow me to go from that output to an input on my Yamaha RX-V757 receiver? Which inputs on the receiver would I connect to?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
3 answers Last reply
More about connecting spdif receiver
  1. saaiello said:

Thanks very much. I can get the same cable here in the UK. Sorry, I may seem like a simpleton, but where would I typically connect this cable on my receiver? And, again, thanks very much. I hope I can return the favor some day.

Jim
  2. unclejimmy said:
    Thanks very much. I can get the same cable here in the UK. Sorry, I may seem like a simpleton, but where would I typically connect this cable on my receiver? And, again, thanks very much. I hope I can return the favor some day.

Jim

Should be a digital audio in somewhere on the back of your receiver usually its orange.
Ask a new question

Read More

Connection Monitors Components Product