Sign in with
Your question

Connecting spdif to receiver

Last response: in Components
July 17, 2010 3:44:02 PM

Hey, everybody.

I have a Virgin Media box that I need to connect to my receiver because my television is a 42-inch Sony monitor (bought for dual voltage reasons; I'm a Yank). The connection to the monitor is DVI-D only, meaning I get a great video signal, but no audio. There is an S/PDIF connector on the back of the Virgin box. Is there a cable that will allow me to go from that output to an input on my Yamaha RX-V757 receiver? Which inputs on the receiver would I connect to?

Thanks in advance.

Jim
July 17, 2010 4:14:16 PM

saaiello said:
Digital Coaxial Audio Cable
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks very much. I can get the same cable here in the UK. Sorry, I may seem like a simpleton, but where would I typically connect this cable on my receiver? And, again, thanks very much. I hope I can return the favor some day.

Jim
July 18, 2010 1:19:06 AM

unclejimmy said:
Thanks very much. I can get the same cable here in the UK. Sorry, I may seem like a simpleton, but where would I typically connect this cable on my receiver? And, again, thanks very much. I hope I can return the favor some day.

Jim

Should be a digital audio in somewhere on the back of your receiver usually its orange.
!