Is an SSD worth it on a budget?

I want to build a computer for video editing (CS6), gaming and recording. Will an SSD significantly improve the performance, or having a i7 3770 and AMD 7850 compensate?
5 answers Last reply
More about worth budget
  1. An SSD will only load things faster, it will not improve performance. Video editing (CPU), gaming (CPU and GPU), and recording will eat up space.
  2. You can pick up a 60 gig SSD for $45 or a 120 Gig SSD for about $100. it is well worth the money and you will notice a big difference right away.
  3. Better to chose the toggle NAND and the one that had good random write/read speed, then u will see the different,

If go with SSD that only good at sequential r/w but not random one will only better performance at loading things...

In the end it worth it for me...
  4. if your gonna get an i7 and a 7850 whats $50 for a boot drive?
  5. elysio said:
    I want to build a computer for video editing (CS6), gaming and recording. Will an SSD significantly improve the performance, or having a i7 3770 and AMD 7850 compensate?

Yes, I saw a decent 64 GB drive for 60 bucks yesterday. Thats good enough for the OS, browsers, office suite and CS6. I am a firm believer that you will notice a tangible difference in overall system responsiveness. I wouldn't go without one myself. I've put most of my games on mine, and they load much faster.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Video Editing Storage