Sign in with
Your question

Home Network Storage - NAS Advice?

Last response: in Storage
June 25, 2012 3:40:02 PM

I am looking for a home network storage solution, and am hoping that this forum has some good advice! I have built several of my own machines, but this is my first go at a NAS. Ideally I could find a simple enclosure with ethernet capability, but so far I havent found that :) 

At the end of the day I need something that is accessible via a home network (4 other devices are running windows 7). It does not have to have RAID capability. I need at least 8-bays for HDDs. I have a server rack that I would love to utilize, but if the better option is a stand-alone machine, I suppose that would work as well.

**I have 8 hard drives ranging from 500gb to 1.5tb, and I would love to be able to use them all (if that is even possible?).

My question is, what is the most cost-effective and best solution?

June 25, 2012 6:24:14 PM

You can look into Seagate NAS 400 or WD Sentinal DX4000, or even QNAP, those are my choices at the moment but not sure which one or any other to chose from. I have actually posted a thread on here myself about 2 minutes ago asking a similar question as you.
m
l
June 25, 2012 6:25:12 PM

Aslo, forgot to add, depending on how much $ you are willing to spend, QNAP has solutions that have 8+ bays.
m
l
!