Sign in with
Your question

Difference between XFX and Sapphire 5970s?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • GPUs
  • World Of Warcraft
  • Sapphire
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2010 2:43:56 AM

I was considering this GPU but after reading a little about constant WoW lockups thinking a little less about it and maybe down to a 5870. But in case I don't, why the huge price difference between XFX and Sapphire for the same GPU? Is there a reason I don't know about?

More about : difference xfx sapphire 5970s

April 12, 2010 3:08:15 AM

XFX has a lifetime warrenty litterly. you can also change the stock cooler and not void warrenty also you can over clock and if it goes out not void warrenty. i have had a few of there cards burn out on me and i can say 2 week you send it back you get a new one.

vetraptor said:
I was considering this GPU but after reading a little about constant WoW lockups thinking a little less about it and maybe down to a 5870. But in case I don't, why the huge price difference between XFX and Sapphire for the same GPU? Is there a reason I don't know about?

m
l
April 12, 2010 9:38:57 AM

Sapphire probably has a custom cooling mod (VAPOR-X or TOXIC) that increases the price of the card.
m
l
Related resources
April 12, 2010 11:41:33 AM

shadow187 said:
Sapphire probably has a custom cooling mod (VAPOR-X or TOXIC) that increases the price of the card.

But u can't tweak voltages on those cards, correct me if I am wrong
m
l
April 12, 2010 3:57:48 PM

HD 5970 is already fast enough, so u won't have to overclocking it... :) 
m
l
April 12, 2010 4:23:14 PM

Nice. I was kind of curious about the over $100 price difference for what looked almost exactly the same. The Sapphire card wasn't anything special like Vapor X or Toxic.
m
l
!