Difference between XFX and Sapphire 5970s?

I was considering this GPU but after reading a little about constant WoW lockups thinking a little less about it and maybe down to a 5870. But in case I don't, why the huge price difference between XFX and Sapphire for the same GPU? Is there a reason I don't know about?
5 answers Last reply
More about difference sapphire 5970s
  1. XFX has a lifetime warrenty litterly. you can also change the stock cooler and not void warrenty also you can over clock and if it goes out not void warrenty. i have had a few of there cards burn out on me and i can say 2 week you send it back you get a new one.

vetraptor said:
    I was considering this GPU but after reading a little about constant WoW lockups thinking a little less about it and maybe down to a 5870. But in case I don't, why the huge price difference between XFX and Sapphire for the same GPU? Is there a reason I don't know about?
  2. Sapphire probably has a custom cooling mod (VAPOR-X or TOXIC) that increases the price of the card.
  3. shadow187 said:
    Sapphire probably has a custom cooling mod (VAPOR-X or TOXIC) that increases the price of the card.

But u can't tweak voltages on those cards, correct me if I am wrong
  4. HD 5970 is already fast enough, so u won't have to overclocking it... :)
  5. Nice. I was kind of curious about the over $100 price difference for what looked almost exactly the same. The Sapphire card wasn't anything special like Vapor X or Toxic.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon GPUs World Of Warcraft Sapphire Graphics Product