PC hangs on new video card...

MNFGR

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Guys, I'm new here, and, well... I need help plox...

I've tried installing a new video card, the Powercolor HD 3650, on my system. At first it was running well, connected by CRT cable, although the booting time seems to have increased. Then after some time, say... 10 to 30 mins, it hangs... I reset, and then proceeded to try again... after sometime, I decided to run WoW, it went BSOD.

I've also tried using the DVI connector, and it doesn't even boot up. If it does get past that, it goes down pretty soon, both by hanging and BSOD.

I really need help, the local company that sold this PC doesn't do much if you don't know what's wrong. All they do is reformat and burn test, unless you tell them that something specific is broken, they won't do much fixing.

Everything works fine when I use the on board graphics card... When I tried reinstalling the GPU, I first disabled the on board, but this still does not work out. The problem remains the same. I can't even reach the point of BSOD, it just hangs before anything happens...

System:

MoBo: Asus P5VD2-MX SE
Procie: Pentium 4 (stock) (3.06 GHz)
RAM: Kingston DDR2 (1 stick)(667 MHz)(2 GB)
PSU: Trendsonic ATX-550W

Quite an old system... It has had a history of breaking down components... already broke 2 HDD, 2 GPU's, 1 TV card, and 1 RAM stick...

TRENDING THREADS