Dell Inspiron battery charges s l o w l y

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 1, 2004 7:37:11 AM

Howdy All,
My "new" (eBay new, that is!) Dell Inspiron 4000 is a relatively good
machine, albeit a little noisy probably due to the hard drive. But the real
problem seems to be the lack of adequate battery charging. The battery it came
with was no good at all but I knew that when I bought it. The replacement
battery would never charge to 100%. And the replacement of the replacement
battery, if you will :) , charges so sloooowly. It has been four days and it is
only charged to 42%. I have tried replacing the AC adapter and no go. Any
ideas?

Thanks for making it this far,
Heather
"I love you, even though you give me nothing." -- Germaine, 'Picasso at the
Lapin Agile'
October 1, 2004 9:35:39 AM

well it sounds like the charger may be bad in the laptop or the new
replacement battery.

"HBrummer" <hbrummer@aol.com> wrote in message
> Howdy All,
> My "new" (eBay new, that is!) Dell Inspiron 4000 is a relatively good
> machine, albeit a little noisy probably due to the hard drive. But the
> real
> problem seems to be the lack of adequate battery charging. The battery it
> came
> with was no good at all but I knew that when I bought it. The replacement
> battery would never charge to 100%. And the replacement of the replacement
> battery, if you will :) , charges so sloooowly. It has been four days and
> it is
> only charged to 42%. I have tried replacing the AC adapter and no go. Any
> ideas?
>
> Thanks for making it this far,
> Heather
> "I love you, even though you give me nothing." -- Germaine, 'Picasso at
> the
> Lapin Agile'
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 4, 2004 4:20:01 AM

Sounds like mine Compaq. Looks like I have a bad battery charging board
which is on order. It could charge the battery only 2% at a time so what I
do is remove the battery and reinsert it for another 2% charge until its
fully charged. They don't make battery chargers for my Compaq but is
available for other laptops and perhaps that's one way to go until you get
it fixed.

On the Compaq you could remove the battery for 10 minutes and reinsert it to
get the charging circuit going. Another trick on the Compaq is you could
remove the battery and the charger and push down on the ON button for 30
seconds to reset the battery calibration. It works for some not for me.
Perhaps you have something like that on the Dell.
!