EccentricalAce

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hello, I am a new user here at Tom's Hardware, after many of my friends reccomending me this website to ask my recent question. To start off, I have recently built my first computer ever, on the 8th of July, with only a starting amount of knowledge on computers. So here are the specs I believe are relevant to my problem.
AMD Phenom II 6-Core 1090T Processor
BIOSTAR TA890FXE AM3/DDR3 Motherboard
G.Skill Ripjaws 7 DDR3 1333 RAM

To start off my problem, I recently noticed from CPU-Z reporting the timings of my RAM as 9's instead of what should have been 7. I remembered hearing something about having to manually set the timings in the BIOS, so I did that after writing down which of the timings to change to 7-7-7-21.
Upon booting up, I came across this reading on my CPU.
CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 6 Cores - 6 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor
CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3, 4A), x86-64, AMD-V
CPUID : F.A.0 / Extended : 10.A
CPU Cache : L1 : 6 x 64 / 6 x 64 KB - L2 : 6 x 512 KB
CPU Cache : L3 : 6144 KB
Core : Thuban (45 nm) / Stepping : ???
Freq : 800.02 MHz (200.01 * 4)
The CPU now appears to have lowered the multiplier from 16 to 4, resulting in a speed of 800 Mhz. However, when I ran prime95 to test this to see if it caused instability, cpu-z then began to read out as x16 and the speed was returned to 3.20 Ghz.
My question here is, did I mess up something that caused the cpu to somehow idle and lower its speed? Is this likely to just be a bad read out from CPUz? Basically, what problem have I ran into, and if it is a problem, should I expect my warranties to be void or something? Sorry if this sounds very noob-ish, I am a starter in this.