USB ports on my case won't work, am I missin drivers?

reaper2794

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Hey guys, I got an NZXT Lexa S case, plugged in the USB 2.0 header into the white port of my Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3, I know it's the right one as my friend has it plugged in there in the same case, same mobo. I downloaded a USB 3.0 Controller driver but that's for the USB 3.0 on my mobo, nothing to do with the front USBs.

Anyone mind helpin me out?

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
If you are missing drivers you should be able to confirm that simply by glancing at your Device Manager.

Press "Windows Key + Pause/Break" key you should have a window pop up then go to Device Manager and under the "view" tab choose "show hidden devices"

If anything is missing there should be a question mark displayed by that item.

follow the wires to the front panel and make sure that there isn't some sort of damage to them.

reaper2794

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Guess Ill check inside of case, did what you did, no ?, the cable inside was kinda bending easily but I don't think it's damaged, I hope not...

It recognizes it at times, sometimes it'll let me open up without probs, sometimes says I need to format, sometimes it connects and disconnects. sometimes say failed finding driver... weird...

reaper2794

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
Well I just plugged in the SATA cable and the USB header, they got disconnected, not fully connected I guess.

Now the problem is, my externhal hard drive is fine plugged into one of the front USB ports, but the other REPEATEDLY says I gotta format to use it. What's up with that.