Problem with 3 monitors at the same time using D-Port

G

Hi all, firt of all, sorry for my english it's not my natal language..

I have running win7 64, my graphic card is radeon hd 5450 pci-e with: 1 dvi, 1 vga and 1 display port and i have 2 monitors tft using the vga and dvi port.

And the problem comes when i want to use the display port to connect a tv samsung serie 5 32550 with hdmi cable conected to an hdmi-displayPort adapter.

When i plug the tv, windows install it, but don't let me change the default resolution (640x480), and the tv can't work with that resolution.

I don't know if this help but Windows detect the tv as Generic monitor no PnP.

I don't know why i can't change the resolution, or i'm wrong and i can't use a display port to connect a tv?
i want three independent monitors to extend the desktop to all

Thank you all, have a nice day!

multiscreenz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2010
It will probably work if you use one monitor and the TV, but I think the card has a Maximum resolution it can provide over three monitors. However, you may want to hook it to the VGA/RGB port on your TV (if you have one) and see if that works first.

G

No way, i try to use one monitor and the tv, and the tv alone, and didn't work, the problem is the same, i can't change de resolution,

I find this: when i go to the properties adapter widow, they tell me there are 3 valid modes, but all are 640x480, i think this is the problem, how can i add modes or somthing like that? need another drivers? it's because the graphic card didn't work fine?

G

hi rolli59 i search for tv drivers, but i can't find nothing i have the samsung le32b550a5wxxc do you know any place when i can find the drivers?

G

when i try to install the latest version of firmware tell me he can't and then i look better and the tv already have installed the latest version of firmware, i think the problem is with the windows driver don't you?

i don't know what to do more, help me people plis

You might need to go into the Samsung setup and change the HDMI input to PC.

I have read about something like this somewhere in the forum, but don't have the desire to search for it.

Google: "Samsung change HDMI to PC" and it might help you.