Water spilled on laptop pc works but some keys type wrong characters. R eplaced

ZoSos

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
water spilled on laptop -pc works but some keys type wrong characters-replaced keyboard,and it still has the same error

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
I doubt because it boots up and works. Might have fried the keyboard though. Cheapest option honestly before you say motherboard, hop on ebay, and find a keyboard for it, usually you can pick them up for a few bucks on there. Replace that, and see if it'll work better for you. If not, you don't have much back into it.

ares1214

Splendid
Dude, your an Ohio U grad and you can't even read that the guy said he already replaced the keyboard? :heink:

HAHAHAHAHA, good point! :lol: But if you did everything you say correctly, my guess is the motherboard. The motherboard is usually right under the keyboard, and they are very easily damaged by water.

ZoSos

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Yeah guys thanx for your input. This is not my laptop,is a sis-in-law's. However,it is not very old at all. Dual core AMD,3 gig of ram.
She has a tough decision to make. New board is near 250.00 and I would guess that is about a third of value when unit was new.

TRENDING THREADS