Sign in with
Your question

Seagate 3.0 External-Internal

Last response: in Storage
June 26, 2012 2:10:59 AM

I bought a 2tb Seagate Goflex External Hard drive last black friday and it has been just sitting on my desk. I was thinking if there is a possible way to convert it to an internal drive to free up space on my desk. I know its possible, but im wondering if I have used 1tb already on the external would I have to format the drive?
a b G Storage
June 26, 2012 3:51:33 AM

yes you can easily remove the drive from the hard disk enclosure and install it inside your computer. You do not need to format the drive to install windows on it.
m
l
June 26, 2012 4:24:19 AM

nhasian said:
yes you can easily remove the drive from the hard disk enclosure and install it inside your computer. You do not need to format the drive to install windows on it.

Hey. Thanks for responding. I have Windows installed on my SSD drive I just want to make sure all my movies and music that's on my 2TB external will be safe if i remove it and put it in my case. I don't need to format it or anything? Is it pretty much just a plug and play?
m
l
June 26, 2012 10:23:50 AM

Yea, Simply Plug it into your system and will work directly.I'd reccomendyou to Look at a few videos on Youtube to see hot exactly to open the drive casing so as to not damage the drive / casing
m
l
!