Need advice on 4830 Crossfire

wildeast

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
I have Sapphire HD 4830 1 GB and want to upgrade, is it worth buying another 4830 for a crossfire or buy a new card?
I have a crossfire-ready motherboard (790fx or sth), 600watt PSU, phenom II x4 955 BE.
And, will it be good for high end games? aka. Crysis, Battlefield Bad Company II, Assassin's Creed II and such?
Edit: DX11 is not a great advantage for me if compared to price/performance.

gauravtushir

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
What is the point going for crossfire or sli anyway . only 20 or 30 % more performance you will get more over it depends from game to game ! do you see any point in that .

you should go for directx11 compatible cards instead of wasting money on crossfire or sli.

cromedome

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2009

in some games u can see 50% increase in performance and in some other games even 90% better performance..

it all depends on how the game was programmed

gauravtushir

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2010
If you want to crossfire just for gaming its not a smart move. As i said crossfire performance is highly dependent on new drivers and moreover it depends from game to game depending upon drivers you installed , you many get 90 % performance or 50 % performance i am not saying no to that but what if such performance comes in games which you dont prefer to play . this will be a comedy.

Instead why not look for direct x11 gpu from ati , they dont cost a bomb like nvidia cards . i guess your using windows 7 in that case direct x11 compatible cards from ati will be a good choice .

one ex:\

Now we can see that good games like just cause 2 demand direct x10 who knows their next version may demand! direct x11 . or may be in future many cool games if they all start demanding direct x11 support then what ??