Sign in with
Your question

Delay after welcome screen, Video card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 12, 2010 3:47:50 PM

I had a previous issue http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/272928-30-power-suppl... that I might have resolved but have another issue. I bought a generic Geforce 9400GT to test to see if everything is working. My computer seems to be running fine, except I have a 30-40 second delay after the welcome screen (Vista) that I never had before. Could this be the generic video card, or something more serious. Should I just wait to see what happens after I put in my new video card (Geforce 250), or should I reinstall Vista. BTW, I dont have too many programs running in my startup. This is a new issue that only came about after changing power supplies and video cards. Thanks so much for the help.

a c 1363 U Graphics card
April 12, 2010 3:55:57 PM

Did you do a proper removal and install of the gpu drivers when you replaced cards?
m
l
April 12, 2010 4:00:20 PM

I uninstalled the drivers with Device Manager and reinstalled them in safe mode.
m
l
a c 1363 U Graphics card
April 12, 2010 4:14:19 PM

Drivers not a problem since the old card was nvidia as well. I would install the GTS250 before reinstalling Vista. If you have to reinstall try a repair install before wiping everything.
m
l
!