Sign in with
Your question

Which MoBo for 285gtx sli??

Last response: in Motherboards
January 28, 2011 11:50:47 AM

Hi dudes,
I've just acquired another 285gtx
And was wondering if any o y'all would have any suggestions for a new motherboard to SLI???

At the mo, I have ..
Intel E6850
Intel DG33fb motherboard
4G Corsair XMS2 ram
Vista 32bit

Was looking to simply swap out the motherboard, get the other graphics card in, and maybe overclock the cpu a little ....

...????

Thanks all for your reply's.

More about : mobo 285gtx sli

a b V Motherboard
January 28, 2011 12:01:08 PM

Any board that has multiple PCIe slots with a speed of 8x/8x or 16x/16x will work nicely. The problem for you is that you are on the LGA775 platform. It is fine and all, but the money purchasing a new motherboard for that older CPU could be better spent toward a new CPU+MB+MEM. If you are going to buy a new 775 motherboard, be sure the spec doesn't say 16x/4x... that second card at 4x will kill your performance. 8x/8x minimum...
January 28, 2011 12:34:54 PM

sadams04 said:
Any board that has multiple PCIe slots with a speed of 8x/8x or 16x/16x will work nicely. The problem for you is that you are on the LGA775 platform. It is fine and all, but the money purchasing a new motherboard for that older CPU could be better spent toward a new CPU+MB+MEM. If you are going to buy a new 775 motherboard, be sure the spec doesn't say 16x/4x... that second card at 4x will kill your performance. 8x/8x minimum...

Thanks dude!
Thats another thing I was thinking..
..Should I buy the board, or perhaps wait and save for the CPU+MB+MEM...given that I'm as broke as Greece at the mo..
a b V Motherboard
January 28, 2011 12:39:38 PM

I hear ya... Broke as Greece = scower Ebay / CL for a used MB, or wait and save for a new build.
!