Dual Monitor set up on HD 5670

f2prateek

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Hi. I have a Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 video card on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I am using my monitor with the DVI port. I wanted to add my TV to the set up as an additional monitor to increase screen estate. I connected it with a HDMI male to male cable. However, my system does not seem to detect the monitor and there is no display on my TV. On hitting the detect button, it shows me "Another display not detected". Even when I unplug my current monitor and keep only the TV plugged into the HDMI port, I can see no display on my TV. This is the first time I have tried to use a TV in a dual monitor set up so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. Can someone help me out?

Solution
D
Make sure that you have ati eyefinity installed and that is is correctly working. also make sure that you have up to date drivers. i have noticed on certain cards those adaptors dont work for some odd reason but i think a 5xxx card should.
D

Deleted member 362816

Make sure that you have ati eyefinity installed and that is is correctly working. also make sure that you have up to date drivers. i have noticed on certain cards those adaptors dont work for some odd reason but i think a 5xxx card should.

Solution