Sign in with
Your question

Which is better?

Last response: in Components
July 18, 2010 3:20:55 PM

Have been reading numerous posts from tom's, first time actually posting. Just wanted to know whether anyone knew if the dark fleet 85 is better than the haf 932. Or possibly which one would any of you recommend. Actually have all the components already, just wanted to upgrade case. The two are my preferred cases, like the look of either. You know, meshy.

Kind of worried with the df-85 not having bottom exhaust as i have read, instead having the psu propped up by rubber stoppers so that air could pass underneath. Would that be problem? By the way, not going for water cooling. Strictly air for me, the noise doesn't matter. Like the look of having 4 120 led fans on the side and 3 120 led fans on top for the haf. Not entirely sure with the dark fleet though.

Sorry for the long post, but its almost at an end :p . Also wanted to know if the corsair hx 750 could be accommodated in either case with no problem whatsoever.

Thanks in advance guys. Oh by the way, i live in Japan. Which actually sucks, as the prices of things here are sometimes...ugh... never mind. Just that the haf 932 runs for about approximately 220-240 usd while the df-85 is around 190-210. Again, thanks in advance and more power.

More about : question

a c 164 ) Power supply
July 18, 2010 4:22:55 PM

you would install the PSU fan faced up in the df-85 so exhaust would not be an issue.

i have a corsair in my antec case, they fit with no issue.

both are great cases, get the one you like to look at the most.
July 18, 2010 4:32:30 PM

ct1615 said:
you would install the PSU fan faced up in the df-85 so exhaust would not be an issue.

i have a corsair in my antec case, they fit with no issue.

both are great cases, get the one you like to look at the most.

Thanks for the reply, so the psu would essentially be sucking air from within the case, wouldn't that counter the fan from the gpu? Sorry if it seems kind of a dumb question to ask. Have no real experience with towers yet, so not sure as to how things would actually look. All i have as an example is my current case the raidmax smilodon. Again, thanks. :D 
Related resources
a c 164 ) Power supply
July 18, 2010 4:41:10 PM

drexeus said:
Thanks for the reply, so the psu would essentially be sucking air from within the case, wouldn't that counter the fan from the gpu? Sorry if it seems kind of a dumb question to ask. Have no real experience with towers yet, so not sure as to how things would actually look. All i have as an example is my current case the raidmax smilodon. Again, thanks. :D 

it really depends on your set up. a lot of cards have in-closed cooling systems that push hot air directly out of the case. I actually don't, my video card fan is open. i have a sound card and a wi-fi card in-between my video card fan and PSU fan. at idle my cpu, gpu, and case sit at 33c.

plus you are going to have 4 side fans and three top fans, it won't be an issue.
July 18, 2010 5:27:51 PM

dark fleet 85 looks like a copy of HAF series... The thing I saw on one of the reviews was that if you have optical drive installed you have to remove this lock (thingy/feature Id unno) in the front of it which can be quite annoying. Plus I personally think the SSD pocket on the top is the weirdest idea I seen.
!