AM3 socket problem

Bowser90

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Hi everyone, I've got a bit of slight problem. I'm currently building my second computer, I'm working with a a Asus M4A89GTD mobo with a AMD Phenom II 965. I've installed the cpu correctly and lowered the locking lever. However, when trying to remove the cpu the lever does not fully extend and only goes to about 2/3's of the way. This means I can't remove the cpu as I wish to change the heatsink.
I'm slightly worried that I've some how managed to bend some pins and caused the cpu to become stuck, I'm 100% certain that I've installed it correctly and matched up the triangle on the cpu with the triangle on the socket.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Bent pins wouldn't stop it from coming off. Weird motherboard mounts plus a borderline defective clip would. This happened on my dad's computer. We just had to pull until it came using just brute force since it wasn't budging. Then the clip was in multiple pieces and was easily removed. Lol

He's running a cooler master hyper 212+ now, and it runs great and doesn't sound like a jet spinning up when you do simple tasks like open windows explorer.

Bowser90

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
Finally got it out! :D
Turned out I just had to man up and use a bit more force. I thought I was about to break the lever and then suddenly it popped out, no sign of any damage which is a huge relief.

TRENDING THREADS