Motherboard fried...

Hey guys, you were very helpful helping me pick out my computer when I built it a year ago and now I'm in need of help again...sadly.

Long story short my motherboard died and I sent it away for a replacement and they've told me they no longer have that item as its been discontinued. So now I have about 130 pounds to spend at ebuyer.com on a new motherboard. But out of all the computer parts I knew very little about motherboards and what good and what I need...so I was hoping you guys wouldn't mind giving me a hand with some suggestions that would good for the list of parts I'll list below.

OLD MOTHERBOARD - Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4 P45 Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2839- overview of board type

Other parts of the pc :

Case - Coolermaster HAF 922 Mid Tower Case

Ram - OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400 GOLD XTC Memory Kit CL5(5-5-5-18)

Disk Drive - LG GH22NS50 22x SATA DVD RW Dual Layer & RAM Black Bare Drive - OEM

PSU - Corsair 750W TX PSU

CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz Socket 775 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Hard drive - Western Digital WD7501AALS 750GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache - OEM Caviar Black

Graphics Card - Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 Vapor-X 1GB

Any suggestions would be very helpful.
2 answers Last reply
More about motherboard fried
  1. Well, how much of that 130 pounds do you want to spend? Are you trying to leave the option of Crossfire open? If not, here's a basic P45 Gigabyte board that would work for a single GPU system.

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3LR £83.74

If you're looking to get a board with a few more features including Crossfire support, here's a good option:

Asus P5Q Deluxe £119.49
  2. I'm not really thinking about crossfire, hopefully wont be upgrading for a few years. The board was suggest to be by a friend so as long as it runs all the parts...I'm not really looking for any special features.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Motherboards Systems