Install 2 internal hard drives in Dell all in one

calacsl

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Hello,
I am looking to install an additional hard drive in my Dell All in One 2320. I would like to have a back up hard drive internally as well as my external hard drive. I've looked almost everyweher and I don't know that the Dell 2320 will support 2 internal hard drives.
Thanks in advance.

G

I too have an AIO 2320 and am looking to put an SSD 128GB for the main windows partion and a 2TB drive for storage so my needs are slightly different. There are only two sata ports on this one used by the DVD writer and the hard drive.

I'm going to connect the current hard drive to the sencond sata put the ssd on the casing attahced in a cradle (theres enough hole to fine one that fits or will hold if not just use cable ties.

That will be both drives in then I'm going to using a usb to sata convertor plugged into the DVD writer to enable me to use the dvd internally still this will be attached inside the only thing I really need is someone to tell me where I'm best to take power from for this device.

I've been thinking splitter from one of the power cables but not sure on load? But of course we are talking a 9.3amp power supply!!!

Any thoughts anyone?

if it physically has the space when you open it up then you can install an additional 2.5" drive. I imagine that it may not since its an all in one. anyway, there is nothing wrong with using an external hard disk for backups. I also recommend using Clonezilla to backup a complete image of your drive to the external hard disk.

another good method is to follow this link http://db.tt/YsLpfjwg and create a dropbox account and install the dropbox software on your computer. select a folder you would like to sync or backup and it will back it up to dropbox for free as well as sync it to any other computers you like.

calacsl

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012

Thank you for your response. I guess I could do that with my music and insignificant files but not any important or private mfiles. Thanks again for the response.
BTW, I was hoping not opening the computerjust to find out that I couldn't add an internal drive! dropbox,