Sign in with
Your question

RAM not stable, how do I fix this?

Last response: in Memory
January 28, 2011 3:53:49 PM

I recently got another 4gb for my machine, making it 8gb. I ran Prime95's blend test to test my RAM stability overnight.

I checked it about 10 hours later, 3 of the workers are running and worker #3 stopped after about 3 minutes after running the test with this error in the stress.txt

[Fri Jan 28 01:14:40 2011]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

So I know I have a stability issue, but how do I exactly FIX this issue?

here are my computer specs-

CPU- i5 760 OC'd to 3.6 GHz from 2.8
Mobo- Gigabyte P55A-UD3
RAM- 8gb Mushkin 720MHz (8-8-8-24)
GPU- GTX 460 1gb
OS- Windows 7 64bit

More about : ram stable fix

a b } Memory
January 28, 2011 4:07:51 PM

First thing to do is reset your BIOS to default or optimal settings. Next, make sure your RAM kits are the same by using your original 4GB kit and running CPU-Z. Jot down the specs from the SPD tab in CPU-Z.

Now, shut down. Remove original kit. Install second kit and do the same thing; run CPU-Z. If the kits aren't the same, you could be facing an incompatability issue.

If the kits are the same, you may simply need to increase the DRAM voltage by ~.1. Of course, this is assuming that you are using 4 x 2GB DIMMs.
January 28, 2011 4:57:27 PM

T_T said:
First thing to do is reset your BIOS to default or optimal settings. Next, make sure your RAM kits are the same by using your original 4GB kit and running CPU-Z. Jot down the specs from the SPD tab in CPU-Z.

Now, shut down. Remove original kit. Install second kit and do the same thing; run CPU-Z. If the kits aren't the same, you could be facing an incompatability issue.

If the kits are the same, you may simply need to increase the DRAM voltage by ~.1. Of course, this is assuming that you are using 4 x 2GB DIMMs.

ah thank you, I'll do all this and report back my results.
!