lukukz

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
Hi,

Si i built my system together yesterday and i tried to start it. Everything was looking good etc, but then i saw all the information about my pc on the screen and i saw like "Fatal error. stoping system" and something with a word "chasis" in it aswell, can't rememmber the word now. Then i rebooted it and it just said that it didn't have keyboard in, so i though it's all good. I pluged in the keyboard and restarted the pc new again, on my old HDD i had 32 bit xp windows, i could see the windows logo, loading the windows, but then the PC restarts and does same again, i can hear the sound aswell, when's it loading the CPU Cooler is making more sound then it restarts and all over again. I then tried to get into BIOS by pressing the "F" keys, i've got into but i couldn't see it properly cause the resolution was 640x480, i could only see the CPU Temperatures, voltage etc, it all was looking good 35C CPU, 25C motherboard and voltage seemed alright aswell. Then i pressed the "ESC" key and got my self into so called "Advanced Mode", i could see there some info about my BIOS, 0412 was the version i think, but my keyboard keys didn't do anything.

So what should i do now? PC starts and it seems ok, i checked if i forgot any connectors to get in on the motherboard, but i think i didn't. And i can't see BIOS properly coz of the 640x480 resolution, i can see that there is some stuff below but i can't access it. On my old HDD i had Windows XP SP2 32bit version OS and i guess u can still get into that Windows even with 4GB RAM? But i only 3 or 3,5 will work right?

Mainboard S-1155 ASUS P8P67 Pro, ATX
Prozessor INTEL Core i5 - 2500K, 3,30GHz, LGA1155, Quad-Core, Boxed
PSU ATX 650 Watt, CORSAIR 650TX, 80Plus
GFX CARD ATI HD4850 512mb&256bit - for now, keeping it from old PC
G.Skill DIMM 4 GB DDR3-1600 Kit (F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM, Ripjaws-Serie) CL7 8-7-24
DVD-+R/-+RW SATA LG GH-22NS50, bulk,
HDD SATA II Samsung SpinPoint F4, 320 GB, 16MB Cache - from old PC
Miditower XIGMATEK Midgard
Mugen 2 CPU Cooler

Thanks

Well at minimum you will have to do a repair install of windows! Right now you are trying to start up a computer with new hardware with all the drivers from your old hardware! A clean install would be recommended!