Slow downs every 3 seconds or so...

chris13002

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Hello,
I have an i7 920 w/ a GTX 295 and raid 0 SSD drives and this is all on a stock Dell XPS Studio 435MT... When I play games like Crysis or the Heaven Benchmark, as soon as the fans starts spinning faster for cooling, i start noticing a slow down every few seconds...
I just want your all opinions on where to start...
I obviously uninstalled/reinstalled drivers(sound and graphics) and did driver sweeper, disabled HT/smart step technology and yet it still continues to get this annoying lag every few seconds when the computer gets hot...
Note I also have batman arkham asylum with physx set to high and that game runs perfectly. It seems to be with direct x 10 games where i get this lag... I just need to know any ideas where to start...
Again it lags only every few seconds, so even in crysis, if I look at the sky and don't move, it will conitnue jumping FPS with the lag...
Thanks

I've had similar problems in Crysis.

Apprentyl waht was happening to me was sometimes when I woukd shoot, It would left click, and the game would drop like 10x in Frames.

I fixed it by restarting it and chaging from fullscreen to window to back again.