Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best motherboard for my i7 2600K

Last response: in Motherboards
January 28, 2011 7:51:10 PM

Hello,
Would like you "Guru's" to weigh in here. I''ve waited for the Sandybridge and here it is! What is the BEST motherbord?...Also, thinking overclock and water cooling. Is there a water cooling setup out there for the 2600K..Starting with HAF-X, Silverston 1000, GTX 580 but

More about : motherboard 2600k

Best solution

February 10, 2011 12:31:15 AM

pantbuild said:
Hello,
Would like you "Guru's" to weigh in here. I''ve waited for the Sandybridge and here it is! What is the BEST motherbord?...Also, thinking overclock and water cooling. Is there a water cooling setup out there for the 2600K..Starting with HAF-X, Silverston 1000, GTX 580 but

Hey did you get any decent follow up for this post?
Just that I'm basically in the same boat.
Got HAF X, Silverstone 1000, WANT water cooling, and looking at the 2600K...
If you did end up finishing your pc, can you let me know how it went? was it worth it? would you do anything differently?
Related resources
February 17, 2011 3:29:15 PM

natto said:
Hey did you get any decent follow up for this post?
Just that I'm basically in the same boat.
Got HAF X, Silverstone 1000, WANT water cooling, and looking at the 2600K...
If you did end up finishing your pc, can you let me know how it went? was it worth it? would you do anything differently?

Hey Natto:
No real replies on the thread. But yea we are in the same boat. Now with the Sandy Bridge recall, chipset unknowns, and MOBO makers in the "wait and see" mode, I'm also waiting for the CPU/MOBO issues to be solved before I purchase. I am going ahead witht the perfs like, GPU, mem, PS, audio card and case (Yep, the HAF-X) because I think with inflation creep, you could easily see prices slowly creeping up as well. How are you coming along?
PS- On the water side, I was thinking of going with the Zalman "Reserator" but after more research, the real guru's say stay away from it and custom build your water side piece by piece. Your thoughts???

TTYL - Tom
m
l
February 24, 2011 3:18:39 PM

Best answer selected by pantbuild.
m
l
February 26, 2011 12:42:59 AM

get the gigabyte GA-P76A-UD4. I am using it now and having no problems with the motherboard
m
l
February 26, 2011 12:46:47 AM

pantbuild said:
Hey Natto:
No real replies on the thread. But yea we are in the same boat. Now with the Sandy Bridge recall, chipset unknowns, and MOBO makers in the "wait and see" mode, I'm also waiting for the CPU/MOBO issues to be solved before I purchase. I am going ahead witht the perfs like, GPU, mem, PS, audio card and case (Yep, the HAF-X) because I think with inflation creep, you could easily see prices slowly creeping up as well. How are you coming along?
PS- On the water side, I was thinking of going with the Zalman "Reserator" but after more research, the real guru's say stay away from it and custom build your water side piece by piece. Your thoughts???

TTYL - Tom

I won't wait till they start to bring out the new motherboards. In the next month or two you can get a replacement boards from the company. I have heard from a soruce that the prices of the motherboard and cpus are going to raise about 5%. They are going to make the sats ports to sata 3 instead of combining sata 2 and sata 3. The controllers can't support both of them running in a raid confragtion. I was having problems when i was going into raid 10 with 2 stata 3 drives and 4 stata 2 drive.
m
l
!