ASUS P8P67 Pro Blue Screens after showing Windows logo

sammmy123456

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Hi all,

Just wondering if you could give me a bit of advice.

I've just purchased an ASUS P8P67 Pro motherboard, an Intel Core i5 2500 and 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL DDR3 RAM to go with it. I also have a Vantec iON 2 620w power supply and a Gigabyte GTX 260+ GPU.

To the best of my knowledge, I've connected everything where it should go on the mobo, installed the CPU and stock Intel cooler, installed PSU and GPU correctly. My HDD is just a 250GB WD (which needs updating for sure...).

I know for a fact that the PSU, GPU and HDD are working as I pulled them from my old Dell Studio PC, and tried them back in that same PC not half an hour ago.

I've powered on the PC to find it displays the ASUS splash screen a couple times, then gets to the Windows 7 logo saying 'Starting Windows' and after around 10-15 seconds, the computer Blue Screens for a split second (too fast to read the error) then restarts and begins the same process again.

I've recently updated to BIOS version 1053 via USB and have played around with the TPU and EPU switches (both currently set to on). The only sign I can find is that the BOOT_DEV_LED light is currently on and is red.

Is anyone able to give me some advice on how to proceed? It would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Sam

sammmy123456

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2011
Thanks for your reply rolli!

It's the old Windows install from my Dell PC, but a couple months ago I reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium from an OEM disc. The packaging doesn't have anything saying Dell on it.

So reinstalling Windows after replacing the mobo/CPU is the only way to do it?

rgs80074

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
i have to agree, it shoudl work fine in the dell, but given its oem software dell probably have it set up for its hardware thus its looking for the dell oem certificate upon boot.

you could always fine a loader or activation tool, a majority of them will install oem pc makers info onto your pc. if your old one was a dell select dell, wish i could give you more information but i haven't seen any recently.

but your probably better off either getting another drive and installing windows as a clean install or reformatting that hard drive and doing a clean install.

the other option might work putting the dell oem certificate onto your pc since i think thats what its looking for and thats why its giving you the error.

rgs80074 certificates dont cause BSOD's, and loaders/activation tools are ILLEGAL

it should NOT work fine if the old rig was one chipset and this is another, and most likely AHCI or perhaps using the Marvell SATA ports on the mainboard - windows doesn't know what to do which invokes a BSOD.

Also note using old components in new rigs is usually a bad idea and causes all sorts of headaches.