Im in need of a converter and not sure where to look =[

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
Hi, I ran into a small problem with my new Power Supply. My motherboard requirs at least a 20 pin main connector. On my old PSU The main connector is 24 pin but the extra 4 pins are not used on the main connector slot, instead the extra 4 pin leads off to another area of my mobo. I believe the CPU.(This is how my old PSU was set up, the extra 4 pin that ran off from the main connector was peeled up enough to reached out to my CPU to keep it powered)
Here is a picture of what the extra 4 pin break away looks like just incase
Connector_mbpow_atx_20p4pin.png

The small 4 pin plug leading off from the main connector is what Im in need of to power up the rest of my computer!

My NEW PSU main connector for the mother board came with a extra 4- pin plug on the main connector to make it 24 just like you saw in the picture and just like my old PSU but it doesn't reach out far enough to reach the CPU which is needing power to (The CPU is on the opposite end of my mother board from the main connector). The wires are glued way to tight together to peel it up far enough so that the extra 4 pin plug can reach (Unlike my old PSU the extra 4-pin lead away COULD reach) and is also in a sleeve that I would prefer to not tare apart. ( I paid extra money for the sleeves so I don't want to just blow the extra money I spent on them just so I could tare them apart)

So, does anyone know or have a link (preferably amazon) where I can get a converter that can lead off of a 4-pin peripheral and convert the power down into the small 4 pin lead away from a main connector that Im needing for my CPU?

I don't know any reason you may need this info but to save anyone the question here is my New PSU [ Crosair CX500 Builder Series 500watts.

Thanks,

Connector that I need!!
gp550.10.jpg

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
First of all what psu did you get?
What motherboard do you have?

IPIBL-LB (Benicia)
Manufacturer: Asus
Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
Chipset:
Northbridge chipset: Intel G33 Express
Southbridge chipset: Intel ICH9R
Memory sockets: 4 x DDR2
Front side bus speeds: 1333/1066/800 MHz
Processor socket: 775
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI x16 slot for graphics card
2 PCI x1 slots
1 PCI slot

Here is a image of the motherboard.
Mobo.jpg

Power Supply is Corsair CX500 Builder Series.
corsair-builder-series-cx500-80plus-certified-500w-psu-frps-c500cxe.jpg

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

Yes yes i am in need of the 4 pin ATX +12 volt power cable! My power supply did not come with one! >:[
Have any converters in mind?

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

Ahh I did not realize. It was stuck together so hard I thought it was one whole connector altogether!!......... I think I might need a slap in the face for even asking for help =/

Morkintash

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010

I was rioting and cursing that I couldn't find it when I came to plugging up the CPU. I just didn't realize the things were so tight together, it was like one plug xD