I always get the "Display Driver stopped responding.." when I try to open games, or browse the web, and sometimes it just happens randomly. After when it happens around 4-5 times, my system goes BSOD, saying and error with atikmpag.sys. I've been looking for solutions and tried mostly everything I can do but still same thing. My video card its new around 1 week old.
Here are the things I tried:
1. Install latest BIOS of motherboard. -didnt work
2. Install latest driver from ASUS website. -didnt work
3. Install latest driver from AMD website. -didnt work
4. Use Driver Sweeper to clean up drivers, and reinstalling latest drivers. -didnt work
5. Updating VGA BIOS using the BIOS updater from ASUS website. - didnt work
6. Underclocking the video card using Asus Smart Doctor. -didnt work
7. Reinstalling Windows 7 and installed latest updates. -didnt work
8. Installing the video card on my brothers computer (with different motherboard) -didnt work
Now I'm really lost I dont know what to do. Please suggest some other solution.
I am thinking it might be my mobo coz its old, but i'm not 100% sure.
Heres my system specs btw.
Asus M3A78-EM Mobo
Asus EAH6870 Video Card
Corsair 750 Watt PSU
500 GB hardrive
If you need any more information, let me know, I'll reply right away.