XFX 5770 Problem Not detected

dutch13

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
My card is no longer read by the pc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times. However during the last few times my pc screen didn't go black for part of the installation. Please any help would be good. I have more then enough power for it and secondly if it helps my pc crashed a few times. One while I was using a game and second and third were boot on the boot up screen for xp.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Solution
D
Ok you need to understand. things can go bad at any time. i have recived 3 or 4 XFX cards new that died 2 days later. they have a lifetime warrenty all you have to do it send it back and they will send you a new one or do a rma to where you got it from.
D

Deleted member 362816

Your pci express slot could be going out. if you have a back up card try it and see if that works before you over think this.

dutch13

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Its a brand new motherboard I only got it last week. M4A79XTD EVO. But there has to be a reason, if I use another card,like a nvidia one would that cause further problems in the long run. I forgot to mention that my screen reads that card since I have no onbaord but when i move any pages or so on, its as if I just reinstalled windows, all the lag and everything is there but yet it seems to refuse the drivers.

D

Deleted member 362816

Ok you need to understand. things can go bad at any time. i have recived 3 or 4 XFX cards new that died 2 days later. they have a lifetime warrenty all you have to do it send it back and they will send you a new one or do a rma to where you got it from.

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

If you would like anyother help with this feel free to msg me at anytime. i have alot of exp with XFX:)

dutch13

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
Arigato Gozaimasu. I will try a few fixs like reseating the card and checking the cabling. I have moved it around my place of residence alot maybe a cable came lose or the card did. Its great to know its stil under warranty because I really did like that card when it worked.

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
ASUS M4A89GTD PRO
955 phenom2 black oc to 965
ultra 650 psu
8gb ddr3
xfx 5770 gpu

problem i'm having is that the mb's epu will not recognize the video card. i've updated the drivers for the card and mb on the amd website. i d/l asus smartdoctor but it does not see the card either. i'd like to have the board's management cover the gpu if possible; insight?

tia

ss_56

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
when i installed my xfx5770, it would not post; i put in the bridge that came with the mb and it' kicked in. after that i found a 'disable onboard gpu' in the bios and checked that. can i go back and remove the bridge now?
i also know the xfx is not an approved asus card; even still there should be some way for the mb to read the xfx with the asus epu or with smart doctor. someone please give my a heads up.