Sign in with
Your question

GB MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 DDR3 1333+ AMD

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2011 12:29:36 AM

Hello. I seem to be having a fairly common problem as there are many threads pertaining to it around the Internet.

My computer won't boot, it just gives me continuous long beeps that don't stop until I remove the power cord. I can not even turn the computer off, I literally either have to flip the switch by the power cord plug-in or just pull the cord.

Computer specs are:

Windows XP Pro SP3
GB MA785GMT-UD2H AM3 DDR3 1333+ AMD dual bios motherboard
Palit (nVidia) GTS 250 1GB DDR3 PCI-E video card
Onboard 7.1 sound
AZZA XtremeGear 600 Watt power supply
AMD Athalon II X2 250 3.0GHz OEM processor
500 GB SATA II 3.0GB 16MB 7200 Western Digital Hard drive
2 X 2Gb DDR3 PC3 PC1333 memory sticks
XtremeGear HP-9310 Intal i7/AMD Cpu fan
Extra 120mm case fan
Lite-On 24X DVDRW
1.44 floppy
XtremeGear USB keyboard
XtremeGear Optical Gaming Mouse
120 watt common speakers (from 6 year old computer that I am using now)

That is in an AZZA ORION Blue LED gaming case

I do not have a printer or a flash drive. I do not have SLI/CROSSFIRE.

Back to the problem. As I stated before, my computer will not boot. It just gives me continuous long beeps. I get nothing on my monitor, it just stays blank. I have had problems with this computer before, basically since I bought it. The company I bought it from is an online build your own system company. I would name them, but I have absolutely nothing nice to say about them.

Anyways the computer has had a BSOD problem since I got it the second time, ( the first time it was delivered it would not boot at all and I had to send it back), The motherboard was supposedly the problem and they replaced it and sent it to me again.

I did the windows install and have done a fresh install about 3 months after the first one.

I have run several diagnostic programs over the course of the 9 months that I have had this computer. The only one that ever came back with errors was Prime 95. The errors on Prime 95 would show up on one run then not show up on the next? Also errors that showed up on the quick tests did not show up on the extended tests?

The BSODs have had a wide range of 'messages' with the most common one being the Page Fault in Non Paged Area and one that doesn't have anything in the area where the message above is listed. The second usually just says something about checking newly installed hardware. The Page Fault one usually says Ntfs.sys at the bottom by the codes.

The BSODs kind of ran in groups. By that I mean that I would get them repeatedly for a day or two then the computer would work fine for a week to a month before they started up again. CHKDSK helped stop them some times. I defrag the computer regularly and run virus scans and Spybot about 3 or 4 times a week.

This last time, the computer had Blue screened a couple of time the previous couple of days, but after resetting a time or two would work fine for about 24 hours. It was going along fine when a game I was playing just went blank. I closed everything, emptied the java cache and browser cache then went to restart the computer. Upon restarting, when it got to the desktop and I clicked on something it BSODed. I hit reset and it did it again. It booted up. I tries to restart it after the reset and it BSODed again.

That went on for about 3 different reset restart BSODs. Then after one reset the monitor showed nVidia BIOS in the upper left of the monitor and froze there. I hit reset again and that is when the beeps started and it would not even show the computer BIOS.

I have checked this site for the beep code solution and here is says video card is not seated properly. This is the only site that says that as every other one says memory or DRAM problem for the continuous long beeps?

I have reseated the video card, but it did not help. I do not have a POST card.

Apologies for the length of the post, but I wanted to give as much info as I could.

Thanks for any help.

January 29, 2011 12:38:13 AM

Forgot to add: Under Event Viewer the system errors after/of the BSOD is almost always listed as Service Control Manager and when I open the properties says WMI Adapter crashed unspecified error. I think it was WMI could have been VMI.
m
l
January 31, 2011 8:50:03 AM

Well, I guess I'll just take it a computer shop as I can't seem to get any help here.
m
l
a c 164 V Motherboard
January 31, 2011 10:13:03 PM

I would guess the beep code means a memory problem. Try the sticks one at a time. You should be able to RMA them. Most manufactures have a lifetime warranty.
m
l
!