Sign in with
Your question

A List of Things That Can Corrupt Bios

Last response: in Motherboards
January 29, 2011 1:42:08 AM

Hello, I recently went through an episode of frequent bsod's, which I believed were caused by bad ram that in turn corrupted bios and other drivers. I tried to solve the problem by reinstalling various drivers, fixing registry errors etc, but in the end the thing that solved the problem was reloading the bios. For about a week it seemed things were fine, but today it starting to bsod again with the same 0x0 error messages. Again reloading the bios solved the problem. However I do not want to have to reinstall bios every few days indefinitely. I was wondering if the community could come up with a list of things that could possibly corrupt bios, other than bad ram.
Thanks very much,
Cspj

Gigabyte 870a-ud3
phenom II x4 965
2 gb corsair 1600 dual channel drr3 ram. Formerly 4 Gb, soon to be 4 Gb again.
windows 7 home premium
radeon 5850
August 20, 2012 4:02:10 PM

My new build pc also does that. It freezes randomly and I have to update my BIOS for it to work again then works for another week or 2 and does the same. This is the second time it's happening and both times a BIOS update fixed it. After a million tests have been done at the suppler and no fault was detected. I also don't want to repair my BIOS indefinitely.
August 27, 2012 2:15:34 AM

Vecna said:
My new build pc also does that. It freezes randomly and I have to update my BIOS for it to work again then works for another week or 2 and does the same. This is the second time it's happening and both times a BIOS update fixed it. After a million tests have been done at the suppler and no fault was detected. I also don't want to repair my BIOS indefinitely.

Yeah I haven't actually had the problem recur. I think it was bad ram in my case. You should try to take out sticks of ram one at a time until it doesn't happen anymore, and then replace the bad ram.
!